The most recent WCGSTX Bulletin newsletter has been posted on our member-only page which is accessible from the top right link on this page.
There are several ways to add information to the Bulletin.
1) Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Place in information in Deason Hunt’s mailbox (tray) at the Genealogy library section at the Quitman Public Library.
3) Tell or hand the information to Deason Hunt. Warning: Deason forgets things. This is the riskiest way!
4) Sign up for a wordpress.com account (You don’t have to set up a blog to do this) according to directions (Sign up for Posting Privileges) in the left column on this site’s homepage. (It’s a link to click. You can go to that same place by clicking the word HERE.
5) If you just want to add a comment to something posted here, you don’t have to do anything but click on the comment link at the end of the post. When you post your comment, the rest will be taken care of.
To Sign-up For Posting Privileges
You do not have to sign up for anything to read any items on the Bulletin or its links or to post comments to items on the Bulletin home page.
If you wish to have posting privileges to the Bulletin Home page of items of importance or interest to Wood County Genealogical Society members, you need to logon to wordpress.com and open a free account.
1) Go to wordpress.com and select signup (You DO NOT have to have start your own blog.)
2) You will be asked to fill in a user name, password, your email address, check you have read the terms of service, and then click “just a username.
3) when you click to next page, you will get a message that a confirmation email is coming to your email inbox.
4) Go to the email, and click the link to activate your account.
You don’t have to enter any other information if you do not want to.
5) THEN, please email from your own email account to email@example.com that you wish to have posting privileges on the WCGS Bulletin and your WORDPRESS USERNAME. (Don’t send your password in your email. It’s needed only by you.)
Information on how to order documents from the Wood County, Texas courthouse is contained in a page link shared by Requisitions and Acquisitions Co-chair, Dorothy Harbin, in an email submission to the bulletin.
Dorothy wrote: “found this website while lookin’ for the election returns. Rather than having to type the whole thing, you may pass this on to our members and any one looking for this info from out of town. Here it is: http://www.mywoodcounty.com/default.aspx?name=countyclerk. This is from the county clerk’s office. Very valuable info, especially if anyone is traveling or wishes to come to courthouse to research. It gives individuals working on certain subjects.”
Any member can submit link or other research ideas or information or genealogy related matters they think of interest or importance to others by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to Bulletin Editor, 402 Evening Shadows Trail, Hawkins, Texas 75765.
An item from the Bulletin has been featured on the front page of ‘The Genealogists # Genealogy Daily. The Link to the Daily is http://paper.li/webduck/genealogists
Fifty-four subscribers and growing. Who will be # 55?
Someone just subscribed to your blog, Wood County, Texas Genealogical Society Bulletin. This means they will be notified every time you publish a post. Congratulations. You now have 54 subscribers.
… they appear to be from Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
WordPress.com | Thanks for flying with WordPress!