The most recent WCGSTX Bulletin newsletter has been posted on our member-only page which is accessible from the top right link on this page.
There are several ways to add information to the Bulletin.
1) Email the information to email@example.com.
2) Place in information in Deason Hunt’s mailbox (tray) at the Genealogy library section at the Quitman Public Library.
3) Tell or hand the information to Deason Hunt. Warning: Deason forgets things. This is the riskiest way!
4) Sign up for a wordpress.com account (You don’t have to set up a blog to do this) according to directions (Sign up for Posting Privileges) in the left column on this site’s homepage. (It’s a link to click. You can go to that same place by clicking the word HERE.
5) If you just want to add a comment to something posted here, you don’t have to do anything but click on the comment link at the end of the post. When you post your comment, the rest will be taken care of.
To Sign-up For Posting Privileges
You do not have to sign up for anything to read any items on the Bulletin or its links or to post comments to items on the Bulletin home page.
If you wish to have posting privileges to the Bulletin Home page of items of importance or interest to Wood County Genealogical Society members, you need to logon to wordpress.com and open a free account.
1) Go to wordpress.com and select signup (You DO NOT have to have start your own blog.)
2) You will be asked to fill in a user name, password, your email address, check you have read the terms of service, and then click “just a username.
3) when you click to next page, you will get a message that a confirmation email is coming to your email inbox.
4) Go to the email, and click the link to activate your account.
You don’t have to enter any other information if you do not want to.
5) THEN, please email from your own email account to firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to have posting privileges on the WCGS Bulletin and your WORDPRESS USERNAME. (Don’t send your password in your email. It’s needed only by you.)
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 19,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 4 Film Festivals
Information on how to order documents from the Wood County, Texas courthouse is contained in a page link shared by Requisitions and Acquisitions Co-chair, Dorothy Harbin, in an email submission to the bulletin.
Dorothy wrote: “found this website while lookin’ for the election returns. Rather than having to type the whole thing, you may pass this on to our members and any one looking for this info from out of town. Here it is: http://www.mywoodcounty.com/default.aspx?name=countyclerk. This is from the county clerk’s office. Very valuable info, especially if anyone is traveling or wishes to come to courthouse to research. It gives individuals working on certain subjects.”
Any member can submit link or other research ideas or information or genealogy related matters they think of interest or importance to others by emailing it to email@example.com or by postal mail to Bulletin Editor, 402 Evening Shadows Trail, Hawkins, Texas 75765.
A feature, Thought For The Day, has been added to the Bulletin at http://woodtxgene.com/. Look for it each day in the upper left column of the page. To get you started, the first TFTD is this: It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. . . . There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power. — Alan Cohen
This is an attempt to get more members checking out the Bulletin web page on a regular basis, so this will not be delivered to your email box like regular posts (if you have signed up for that automatic service).
A new Members Only page link has been added to the right column of the Bulletin web page.
You will receive the password which will be requested when you click on the log-in link within 24 hours of this posting at your current on-file email address. If your computer allows cookies, you should not have to type it in after your first time on each following visit to the site from the same computer. If you have problems, email Newsletter Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not share this password with anyone but current members.
On the members only page you will find:
1. Copies of the most recent newsletters for reading or downloading to your computer. Right now the April 2009 and October 2009 issues are available but others will be as published as as we are able to get back issues scanned.
2. Minutes and treasurer’s reports of past meetings starting with the November 2009 meeting.
3. Membership roster (The next one posted will be the updated one we should have ready in January 2010.).
4. Other member content which we share but don’t wish to post to potential troublemakers out on the internet.
5. Special messages to the membership which, again, we wish to keep within the group.
6. Other special content of interest to members but which we might wish to share with others on a paid basis or at a later time.
7. And other items of value which we can bring to the membership. Suggestions for such items is appreciated at any time.