1. Responses (2) to “Mae Etta Johnson:”
First, Charles L.Bookman, on February 2nd, 2010 said: “Thanks for sharing this important part of history.”
Second, Melba Gordon Jones, on February 6th, 2010 said: “I really appreciate you publishing my mothers presentation as part of your newsletter. Thank you so much for sharing our story of our hero who knew that God does have the whole wide world in His hands.”
2. Response to “Member Contact List:”
Sharon Gallatin Phillips, on February 1st, 2010 Said: Dear Members,
I am not as yet a paid member. I have not found family in your area,however, I appreciate your website as I have learned much and the links are helping me also. I am what one might call a newbie. My husband’s family is mostly in Rusk Co., and mine is in Brazos, Madison, and Limestone. To my knowledge they do not have websites near as nice as yours. I do read ETGS also. I am on an extremely set budget, and I appreciate the access to your website.”
3. Comment on “Vertical Files A-B:”
June Powers on November 1, 2009 said: ” Interested in vertical files on Benton and Banks. If significant and not too much, could send $ for copies, or can you send copies via email? Let me know what is appropriate, please. Thanks.
4. Comment on “Help a distant researcher:”
June Powers 0n October 31, 2009 said: “Re the vertical file: Is it possible to receive copies of articles of certain files? I do not expect to be in Quitman again in the near future.”
5. Comment on “WCGS Bulletin Goes Live Sept.15:”
Dorothy Harbin on October 7, 2009 said: “You have done an outstanding job on this project. I can’t wait each day to see what new articles will be listed next. I’ve lost a lot of sleep exploring all that you have done, Keep Up The Great Job.
6. Email received from Linda Winterhoff: “Got the newsletter, glanced at it. It looks great as usual. Saw on the website there are Quitman Family Histories. What is the procedure to get my family info in there, or is there one?? My line is Grogan, basically….
7. Email received from Ron Schell: “That’s a great looking Newsletter! I like the layout and generous use of links for further research. I’m looking forward to reading it carefully. Thanks for your work in putting it together.
8. Comment received from Terri O’Connell on Genealogywise: “I love the set up. You have all the information there and it is easy to find. Which I find is the biggest problem with some of the local societies.
The only thing I would look into changing, is nothing related to the site. If it is possible for the society to set up the ability to join the society on line. Sometimes, it is just easier for those of us at home to do it that way. For instance, NEHGS had an add on Facebook and I was able to click through it and join. Keep in mind it was something I had wanted to do, it was just easier for me to do it this way.
Otherwise, I love the crisp feel to it. Great job!
9. Email received from Kathy Gunter Sullivan, CG: “Certainly you may re-post the item if you think it will be useful to your readers. I visited your site, and your bulletin is extremely well-done and informative.
10. Email received from Geneabloggers webmaster at http://www.geneabloggers.com: You’ve got a great genealogy blog, and I’ve added it to the blog list at GeneaBloggers.”